POSITION: Theatre Facilities and Rental Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club seeks a Theatre Facilities and Rental Manager to oversee all venue rentals for La MaMa’s theatres and rehearsal studios, and to manage service contracts for mechanical, plumbing, electrical systems, and equipment across La MaMa's 3 buildings in the East Village.
Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 (Annual)
This is a full-time position, with some occasional evening and weekend work requirements.
Benefits include two weeks paid vacation, summer Fridays off, health benefits, dental and vision benefits, whole life insurance participation.
1) Management of Venue Rentals - La MaMa has 4 theaters and 3 rehearsal spaces. The Facilities and Rental Manager will serve as the point of contact for clients throughout planning, execution and follow up of rentals at our theatres and rehearsal spaces. This person will be responsible for preparing and executing all rental contracts, working in collaboration with management to ensure all theater policies are upheld while giving our clients an extraordinary experience. Duties include:
- Respond to inquiries
- Track and follow up on leads
- Communicate with clients before the rental to review their needs
- Schedule tech meetings with theatre staff to review renters needs
- Conduct venue walkthroughs with a member of production staff
- Prepare event forms detailing logistics for La MaMa staff
- Issue and collect contracts, insurance certificates, and invoices for rental fees and labor
- Maintain client files and database of contracts
- Maintain the Rental Calendar in consultation with production team
- Facilitate communication between maintenance staff, production team, renters
2) Management of Facilities
- Review the annual facilities budget and create a plan for small capital improvement projects with Managing Director
- Manage facilities-related contracts (HVAC, trash pickup, fire alarms, elevator, security, pumps, sprinklers, etc.), which includes identification of and negotiation with vendors and monitoring of costs.
- Regular review of contracts to ensure the most cost-effective relationship between the Theatre and vendors.
- Work with maintenance staff or outside contractors to schedule repairs and maintenance of interior and exterior structures: roofs, drains, gutters, sidewalks, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, walls, etc.
- Work with Building Superintendent to schedule regular inspections (elevator, sprinkler, pumps, fire alarm). Handle and file corrections for any FDNY violation
3) Preferred Skills
- 2-3 years of customer service experience and prior event/venue/house management experience
- Prior experience working in facilities management for multi-building operations is preferred. Hands-on experience with repairs and troubleshooting maintenance issues is a plus.
- Strong management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
- Experience writing contracts and budget reports.
- A general understanding of theatrical technology is preferred.
- A background, knowledge, and/or love for the arts.
La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all races, faiths, abilities, and sexual and gender identities to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Email email@example.com: • Resume and Cover Letter • Availability for Interviews online and in person.
ABOUT LA MAMA
La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club is a leader in experimental multi-disciplinary work. Currently in its 61st season, it is the only original Off-Off-Broadway theatre still in operation. La MaMa owns and operates four performance spaces, an art gallery, and an Archive of Off Off Broadway. www.lamama.org
La MaMa is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.