Director of Development
La MaMa in New York City seeks a collaborative and creative leader to join the team and spearhead the organization’s fundraising efforts as Director of Development.
The Development Director must lead with a robust fundraising strategy for both La MaMa’s Annual Fund, and its Capital Campaign. The Director of Development is responsible for conceiving and implementing a comprehensive development strategy to achieve organizational fundraising goals. A significant proportion of the Director of Development’s efforts focus on expanding La MaMa’s foundation, corporation, and individual donor portfolio. Additional responsibilities include stewarding existing partnerships and forging new relationships to develop a robust network of donors; creating a schedule of fundraising activities; and orchestrating special events. The Director of Development reports to the Managing and Artistic Directors, and works closely with members of the Board of Directors.
General Duties and Responsibilities
● In partnership with the Artistic and Managing Directors, The Director of Development leads and executes La MaMa’s advancement initiatives.
● Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to expand La MaMa’s individual, foundation, and corporation portfolio, and lead development strategy.
● Work with Artistic and Managing Directors, Board leadership, event committees, and fundraising staff to secure annual and multi-year revenue targets.
● Lead fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives.
● Collaborate with team to create communication collaterals.
● Track revenue targets by type, monitor results to drive performance, identify trends, and correct variances as appropriate.
● Develop, monitor, and analyze systems for individual and institutional funding sources.
● Maintain development platforms to support fundraising activities.
● Lead development staff including Deputy Director of Development and development associates.
● Support LaMaMa board and provide guidance to LaMaMa leadership on prospects for board recruitment and membership, including internal and external communication.
● Work with the Director of Audience Development to communicate La MaMa’s mission, history, and significance to World Theatre, acknowledge donors, and promote fundraising events and special appeals on the organization’s digital platforms.
● Passion for La MaMa’s mission in support of underrepresented artists in the development of new work.
● Demonstrated success in securing major support from private and public sources including individual, foundation, and corporate giving.
● Minimum five years of experience in grant writing, individual donor development, and fund development.
● Demonstrated success in meeting annual fund development goals.
● Exceptional organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
● Experience with DonorSearch and iWave.
● Facility with social media for marketing and fundraising campaigns.
● Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite, and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases.
This is a full-time position. Salary is 80K+ (commensurate with experience) with benefits including two weeks paid vacation, health benefits, dental and vision benefits also available.
Applications are due no later than October 21, 2022.Inquiries may be directed to: DDsearch@LaMaMa.org
La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived age, race, sex, religion, creed, color, citizenship, sexual orientation, ethnicity, familial status, liability for military service, genetic pre-disposition or carrier status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other bases protected under federal, state and local laws, regulations or ordinance.